Yamaha Tenor Sax YTS280
£1,265.00 was £1,444.00
Yamaha YTS-280 Tenor Saxophone
The Yamaha YTS-280 tenor saxophone is the perfect student saxophone, designed with the young beginner in mind. The YTS-280 is relatively light-weight and ergonomically shaped, making it easy to hold and to play. The intonation is perfect, as you would expect from Yamaha, and it is easy to get a great sound. The Yamaha design offers beginners optimum support, greatly assisting both learning progress and creativity.
The YTS-280 succeeds its incredibly popular predecessor, the YTS-275. Based on the YTS-275 saxophone, the YTS-280 is even further enhanced with a new, more stable neck receiver and a new low B-C# connection for better adjustment.
- New neck receiver - A redesigned neck receiver promotes a quick response and ease of play while also increasing the durability of the mechanism. It also features a more durable screw.
- Improved Low B-C# connection - An improved mechanism from low B-C# ensures the consistent closing of the low C# key and promotes a clear response from notes in the low range of the instrument.
- Adjustable thumb-rest - All Yamaha saxophones feature an adjustable thumb-rest to allow for precise and comfortable hand and fingering position.
The Yamaha YTS-280 is an excellent student tenor saxophone that is more than capable of allowing you to reach all grades.
- Brass body and keywork
- Gold lacquer finish
- Top F# key
- Front F mechanism
- Polyester key buttons
- Tapered pivot screw with nylon head
- Key guards on low C, C#, B & Bb
- Adjustable plastic thumb hook
- TS-4C mouthpiece
- Yamaha ligature
- Yamaha plastic mouthpiece cap
- Neck sling
- Polishing cloth
- Cork grease
The Yamaha YTS-280 comes in a smart black, durable, zip-up fitted case. The YTS-280's case features a large, zip-up external accessory pocket, 2 durable carry handles and hide-away back-pack straps that can be zipped away when not needed. The exterior is finished with attractive detailing, featuring the Yamaha logo and red stitching.
The case lid opens wide to allow easy access to the saxophone and a large internal storage area. This case will provide excellent protection for your saxophone and is easy to carry.
Why Buy Yamaha?
- Perfect touch - manufactured to exacting tolerances for playing comfort
- Excellent sound and intonation - exceptional musicality and easy to play in tune
- Easy to play - optimised, beginner-friendly specifications and design
- Built to last - over many decades Yamaha has acquired an unrivalled reputation for quality and reliability
- High Specification- many professional level features included
- Superb residual values - making future upgrades more affordable