Roland Digital Recorder R-05
R-05: Digital Recorder
Affordable Pocket Recorder with Advanced Features
The compact R-05 digital recorder is easy to use, affordable, and packed with great features that raise the bar in its price class. Experience crystal-clear 24/96 capture, enhanced recording and editing features, and extended battery life (over 16 hours per charge). On stage, in rehearsal, at school, on the street, in the boardroom, whenever inspiration strikes, let the R-05 capture it with convenience and quality.
- High-quality stereo recording (24-bit / 96kHz) with the built-in stereo mic or external input
- Records directly to SD card with extended battery life (over 30 hours continuous playback, over 16 hours continuous recording)
- Strong, attractive metallic exterior
- Onboard editing functions; built-in reverb
- Music practice features (change tempo without changing pitch, loop playback, etc.)
- Auto record start, auto song split, auto level adjust
- Pre-record function (captures 2 seconds of audio which precedes pressing REC)
- Use as a high-quality portable audio player (plays WAV and MP3 files)
- Screw hole on rear for tripod mount
The R-05 provides pristine, uncompressed stereo recording directly to SD card up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. Whether recording directly with the built-in stereo mic or capturing sounds from an externally connected microphone or stereo line input, you’ll be impressed with the R-05’s detail and clarity. And for worry-free recording, the convenient Rehearsal mode ensures that you won’t overload the input.
Even though the R-05 integrates fluidly with computers via USB 2.0, this new generation recorder doesn’t require a PC for editing. For speed and convenience, you can trim, divide, and combine within the R-05. And for those who’d like to apply a high-gloss finish to their recordings, the R-05 is equipped with built-in reverb.
In a rehearsal studio, you can make clear recordings of your band, even at high volume levels.
The R-05 can automatically set the optimum recording level, and can split the songs for you automatically. It’s also possible simultaneously to record a high-quality WAV file for CD production and an MP3 file for file sharing.
The R-05 can help you practise your instrument or vocals. You can repeatedly loop a specified region of audio, or change the playback speed without changing the pitch. You can play back a difficult phrase slowly or play back at high speed to grasp the overall structure of a song in a short time.
For non-musicians too
Musicians will naturally gravitate to the R-05, but this portable recorder is great for many non-musical applications as well e.g. recording lectures, speeches, and meetings. The high sensitivity, built-in microphone will clearly capture all of the voices in a room. The screw hole on the rear for a tripod mount enhances optimal placement and cleaner recordings as well.